Sunday 17 August 2014

BEASTS background for SAVAGES

BEASTS

You have learnt something of beasts you know they are NOT JUST FOR EATING!

Skills: Animal Handling, Nature;
Languages: Of one natural beast;
Equipment:
A whip or goad,
A saddle and reins,


Feature: You have a beast.
If Orc a large Boar, if Gnoll a Hyenadon, if Goblin a Giant Spider, if Mantis Man a Friendly Swarm
Your food requirements are now TREBELED


d8 Personality Trait
1 I need to smell someones droppings before I know if I can trust them.
2 I whisper all my secrets to my beast.
3 I know beasts know more than me, attend to what they do and let them guide my path,
4 If hungry I will drink the blood or ichor of my beast, and sometimes if not hungry.
5 I 'talk' to animals I find by imitating their movements and sounds.
6 I refer to friends by the name of their spirit animal, which I can always sense.
7 I am obsessd with finding tracks and never leaving any of my own.
8 I must show beasts extra respect as death may watch me from their eyes.


d6 Ideal
1 Taming. To tame a beast, to make it answer as a limb answers, this is best. (Lawful)
2 Riding. Wind and speed! To fly like the falcon over the earth! This is best. (Neutral)
3 Knowing. To understand the beast, know it as you know yourself, this is best. (Lawful)
4 Becoming. To be it from within, its flesh yours, your blood its own. Yes! (Chaotic)
5 Stealing. A stolen beast is always better. Steal! Take the beasts you need and laugh! (Chaotic)
6 Hunting. To be poised like a spear in the hand, to know, to see, to strike! (Any)


d6 Bond
1 I know we are the Spirits Beasts, when one wishes to ride us, we must allow it.
2 I sleep, eat, live and die with my beast. If it dies I shall die next to it.
3 I will ride the fastest, the largest, the fiercest that there are! All will know me!
4 I know this beast is the spirit of an old friend.
5 I was raised by these beasts, I live for them, more loyal to them than my own kind.
6 I seek the Animal Lords, one day I will despose one and take its place.


d6 Flaw
1 I had other friends before this, but my beast was hungry, what could I do?
2 I secretly think I am a beast trapped in this flesh, I seek means to free myself and return to what I am.
3 I think my beast is my master and await its secret orders.
4 I harm my beast when I am angry.
5 I HateFear my beast, I control it becasue I fear it, as I fear them all.
6 I do things with my beast that no-one should do. No-one knows (yet).



Boar
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 22 (3d10 + 4)
Speed 50 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
16 (+3) 10 (+0) 16 (+3) 2 (-4) 10 (+0) 6 (-2)
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages —

Charge. If the Boar moves at least 20 feet straight toward a target and then hits it with a ram attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 7 (2d6) damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

Actions:
Ram. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one prone creature. Hit: 8 (3d4 + 3) slashing damage.



Hyenadon
Armor Class 12
Hit Points 19 (3d10 + 3)
Speed 45 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
16 (+3) 10 (+0) 13 (+1) 2 (-4) 10 (+0) 5 (-3)
Skills Stealth +2
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages —

Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 14 (2d10 + 4) piercing and slashing damage.



Giant Spider
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 26 (4d10 + 4)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
14 (+2) 16 (+3) 12 (+1) 2 (-4) 11 (+0) 4 (-3)
Skills Stealth +7
Senses blindsight 10 ft., darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages —

Spider Climb. The spider can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.

Web Sense. While in contact with a web, the spider knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.

Web Walker. The spider ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.

Actions
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw, taking 9 (2d8) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. If the poison damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the target is stable but poisoned for 1 hour, even after regaining hit points, and is paralyzed while poisoned in this way.

Web (Recharge 5–6). Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 30/60 ft., one creature. Hit: The target is restrained by webbing. As an action, the restrained target can make a DC 12 Strength check, bursting the webbing on a success. The webbing can also be attacked and destroyed (AC 10; hp 5; vulnerability to fire damage; immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage).



Friendly Swarm
Armor Class 12 (natural armor)
Hit Points 22 (5d8)
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
3 (-4) 13 (+1) 10 (+0) 1 (-5) 7 (-2) 1 (-5)
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, slashing
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, prone, restrained, stunned
Senses blindsight 10 ft., passive Perception 8
Languages —

Swarm. The swarm can occupy another creature’s space and vice versa, and the swarm can move through any opening large enough for a Tiny insect. The swarm can’t regain hit points or gain temporary hit points.

Actions
Bites. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 0 ft., one target in the swarm’s space. Hit: 10 (4d4) piercing damage, or 5 (2d4) piercing damage if the swarm has half of its hit points or fewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment